|“||Do not judge the cold, without first knowing the warmth of the shining sun.||”|
- For the current Colorless King, see Colorless King.
|Alias||Colorless King (無色の王, Mushiki no Ō)|
Seventh King (第七王剣者, Dai Nana Ō Ken-sha)
|Age||At Least 42|
|Height||177 cm (5'10") |
|Previous Affiliation||Colourless Clan|
|Previous Occupation||Brokerage firm|
Kuroh Yatogami (adopted son)
|Anime Debut||Episode 4 (flashback)|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 1 (flashback) (K: Stray Dog Story)|
|Novel Debut||K SIDE:Black & White|
|Game Debut||K -Wonderful School Days-|
|Japanese Voice||Shō Hayami|
|English Voice||Grant George|
Ichigen's appearance has undergone two variations throughout material.
- In the anime, he is shown with long, brown hair that is tied in a ponytail with bangs parted in the middle and brown eyes.
- In the official art, he has black hair and grey eyes.
His attire has remained consistent. He wears traditional clothing of light purple and dark blue, a black hat, and, in earlier materials, a red umbrella. Before bestowing Kotowari to Kuroh Yatogami, he kept the sword at his side.
Ichigen has been shown to be very a kind and caring man towards Kuroh Yatogami who treats him like his own son, but he was very calm and serious at times. Despite his duties as a King, he was willing to cancel meeting between him and the Gold King in order to help Kuroh when he saw a vision of him in peril .
Ichigen was also a very empathetic and wise man who was popular with all the villagers and he was well known for his profound advice that many villagers sought him out when troubled by anything as simple as a broken heart, to even business advice. However, he was known to sometimes ramble about things no one understood, and often viewed as "too smart".
To him, peace was the highest virtue and he often made choices that avoided as much trouble as possible .
As a young man, Ichigen cared for his grandfather, who at the time, ran the family's swordsmanship school, Miwa Meijin School of Swordsmanship. Ichigen's grandfather, an "exceedingly strict" man, also reared Ichigen to follow in the family's footsteps. Despite his grandfather's strictness, Ichigen still loved him. After graduating high school, Ichigen left his parents' home and entered Japan's top educational system, which is never named. He studied and earned a diploma in economics, and then traveled to America to earn a business administration degree. For a bit, he was a successful employee one of the world's major brokerage firms. However, due to his poor, declining health, he returned to Japan.
His first student was Yukari Mishakuji, who he often entrusted important tasks and missions to, along with having Yukari attend his own tasks. As Yukari's education under Ichigen came to a close, he wrote a letter to Ichigen to participate in a duel, where he intended to kill Ichigen, however ultimately failed. Despite this, Ichigen gave him the sword Ayamachi, telling him to interpret its meaning himself .
For years, Ichigen and Kuroh Yatogami (Ichigen's "son") lived secluded in the mountains with just a few villagers as their neighbors. Before they had met, Ichigen saved and adopted the 5 year old Kuroh laying on the floor somewhere in the mountains barely alive and nearly dying. He took Kuroh with him so he could become as his vassal, eventually teaching him skills such as swordsmanship . He is a poet and Kuroh would record his teachings on voice recorder which he would listen to for advice. However, one day, he would tell Kuroh to meet the next Colorless King and determine whether he is good or evil; should he be evil, he must be killed and Ichigen died shortly after.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
Kotowari: A katana with black tsuka ito weave with a ornate silver same under the cord, and a bronze kashira. It has a black tsuba with a normal steel blade; the scabbard is dark blue and has a bronze tip that matches the kashira .
- The name Ichigen means "one" (一) (ichi) and "word" (言) (gen).
- Ichigen's surname Miwa means "three" (三) (mi) and "ring" (輪) (wa).
- Ichigen's appearance has been portrayed differently in various media. In the anime, his hair and eyes are both depicted as brown . In the K: Stray Dog Story manga, they are shown as gray and blue respectively , while official artwork have depicted his hair as black .
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 K Anime: Episode 3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 K: Trading CD, 1&2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 K Anime: Episode 13
- ↑ K: Stray Dog Story, Chapter 1, Page 33
- ↑ K Anime: Episode 7
- ↑ K Anime: Episode 1
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 K SIDE: Black & White, Chapter 1
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 K -Count Down-, chapter 5
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 K Anime: Episode 4
- ↑ K: Stray Dog Story, Volume 1, Cover
- ↑ Official Artwork.